THIS SHOULD BE UPDATED TO REFLECT THE CURRENT YEAR, IT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
It is the LUGWrangler's job to keep their ear to the ground for Penguicon related rumblings within the various LUGs, communicate Penguicon related news to the LUG lists and, and forward on LUG communication to the correct Penguicon ConCom departments.
It is also very important to keep in touch with the various LinuxUserGroup officers and work with them to fill their Penguicon related needs.
Other duties can include: planning and executing LUG related activities at the con, attending ConCom meetings, and attending various area LUG meetings in support of marketing/registration efforts.
PenguiCon 4.0 LUGWrangler is DanDesloover from MonroeLUG.
Penguicon 6.0 may see the introduction of a LUGWrangling team. MattArnold suggested that the LUG Wrangling for Penguicon 6.0 take place as a team effort since so many people are interested in stirring up interest in Penguicon among the regional LUGs. Here are some ideas presented so far:
* Work closely with or even within Tech Programming to help recruit technical panelists
* Recruit tech staffers for On Call On Location tech support team
* Consider expanding into the more programming oriented LUGs in the area, such as the Perl, PHP and Java ones
* Look into giving LUG members a discount (coupons!)
* A Penguicon LUG meeting, where all of the LUGs in the region get together and have one big geekfest. Something like a BOF session. Greg called it LUGAPALOOZA.